Clarke Nickolls & Coombs has evolved from a prestigious and interesting historical background. The history goes right back to the 1870's when as a manufacturer of candied peel and which became so profitable the partners created a new business using their wives maiden names: Clarke, Nickolls and Co was born and a Shoreditch confectioner named Robert Coombs was invited to join in 1872. By 1886 the partners had expanded product lines, opened shops and depots and considerably expanded their original Hackney Wick site. In January 1887 the business was incorporated and many of the shares in Clarke Nickolls & Coombs Ltd were taken up by customers and employees. The company as then was quoted on the stock exchange in 1965.  
   
  As the confectionary manufacturing business grew and developed the company began to acquire a lot of land and property in the East End of London, as well as shops, showrooms and depots around the UK. The company then let out whatever buildings it did not require for immediate use and as a result egaged in property letting and development. This expertise came to the fore in the 1970's after the sale of the majority of the confectionery business to Trebor Sharps in 1972. The company built new letting developments in south east England and in the 1980's, its joint venture company, Beacontree Estates became one of the largest developers of business space in the Thames Valley. During the early 1990's UK property crash the company ceased developments apart from refurbishment.
     
 

During the last thirty years the company was involved with a substantial number of commercial and industrial transactions in the Thames Valley area and the highlights being at HEATHROW- Poyle Tech Centre, Maple Cross & Britannia Industrial Estate, READING- Dukesbridge, Manor Farm & The Caversham Hotel, SLOUGH- 1 London Road & Burlington Road, FELTHAM- Lawrence Road, WEYBRIDGE-Rivermead House, UXBRIDGE- Packet Boat Lane, ISLEWORTH-Coomb House, STAINES-Pine Trees and TAPLOW-Lake End Court.

During this time Clarke Nickolls & Coombs have had local offices at High Street, Sunninghill, Ascot then moved to Packet Boat Lane, Uxbridge and then on to its current offices at the Atrium , Ashford, Surrey.